You have found “the one.” The woman that you want to share your life with, grow old with and experience life with. Now how do you ask her to be your one and only for life? No proposal is exactly the same and it shouldn’t be! You will want to tailor that special moment so that she (and you) remembers it forever. So we have collected some romantic and unique proposals that you can either choose to do for your own special moment or take bits and pieces to create your own.
1. Take your sweetheart to the exact place where you first met (if you can),had your first date, shared your first kiss or other significant memory. Reminisce a little and then say something like, “We’ve had an amazing journey together so far, and now I think we’re ready to take the next step in that journey. I’m hoping you’ll do me the honor of becoming my partner in life, becoming my wife .”
2. The holidays are the perfect time to propose. Hang the ring box like an ornament on the tree. When the last present has been opened, say, “Wait, there’s still one more present.” Ask your bride to be to find it or you grab it and propose. If you are shooting for a Valentine’s Day proposal (like many do) try not to make it obvious that you are setting that day up for a proposal.
3. Another holiday marriage proposal idea is to wrap the ring box inside several bigger boxes, like Russian nesting dolls, so your sweetheart will think the present is very large. As each layer is opened, the laughs will grow. Get down on one knee right as the last box is opened.
4. Surprise her with a scavenger hunt. Each note has a clue to the next and the next. Her ultimate prize is your proposal. Can you imagine the look on her face after building up all that anticipation? Top it off with doing the scavenger hunt at one of your favorite spots or collection of places that you have visited together. This adds an even more personal touch!
5. Spell out the marriage proposal in some place they aren’t expecting to see it, perhaps using alphabet refrigerator magnets, writing it in lipstick on the bathroom mirror, using glow-in-the dark stars to write it on the bedroom ceiling, or getting up early and slipping a fake newspaper page into the real newspaper.
6. Romance is key on this one. Rose petals, candles, maybe some champagne at the end. For example, scatter petals from the front door to the bedroom and use more petals to spell out “Will you marry me?” Use candles to trace a path. A bedspread scattered with rose petals and the ring box in the middle is sure to bring smiles (and maybe even happy tears) to her face.
7. Does your sweetie love puzzles? Write it on a jigsaw puzzle! Print “Will you marry me?” on a custom jigsaw puzzle on Shutterfly or Portrait Puzzles, and have your sweetie solve it.
8. Take her to a movie but not just any movie! Most movie theaters have repeating advertising slides before the previews that can be purchased. Pay for slide and be sure to get to the theater early enough.
9. If your sweetie is one that loves spontaneous moments this is a sure win. Plan a surprise trip using blindfolds and circuitous routes. When you get to your destination – hopefully a beautiful, secluded spot – pop the question. If you’re planning to stay overnight, don’t forget to pack a bag for your sweetheart!
10. If your intended flies often, get friends and family to join you at the airport where they’ll each hold up signs spelling out “Will you marry me?” as your sweetheart disembarks from the plane. Make sure you’re the one holding the “me” sign!
We are sure that you will find the right moment and the absolute best way to propose to the love of your life. May you have happiness forever!