Unlike most women, men like to pack as lightly as possible. Let’s face it, us ladies often have to encourage them to take more clothes than they want to! Whether you are packing for a business trip or going on vacation, it pays to travel light. Minimalists have an edge, both financially and in terms of mobility. Here are a few tips to help men pack as light and efficient as possible.
Lately some airlines have given us one more incentive to lighten up, with strict limits for carry-on items, fees for checked baggage, and weight limits for both. With that being said, having minimal bags is key. Grab your carry-on and pack it with your essentials. It will save you a lot on fees.
By avoiding potentially long waits at baggage terminals (not to mention the risk of lost luggage) the carry-on crowd also saves precious time on vacation.
Here are a few tips to help you pack as light and efficient as possible.
1. Pack a week’s worth of interchangeable clothing. Even if you are traveling for a month, you should be able to wash clothes once a week wherever you are going. Depending upon the time of year, you should be able to pack interchangeable outfits.
2. In general, you should be able to get away with only 3 pairs of footwear. Again, depending upon your destination you should bring a mixture of 3 pairs of these shoes-dress shoes, tennis shoes, flip flops, boots and casual shoes.
3. Your manly gadgets are a must. So gather your electronic shaver, various chargers, cords, laptop/tablet, phone and whatever else you may have. It’s a plus if you grab a gallon sized zip lock bag and put all your cords together in one place. There is nothing worse than having to find a charger when your device is about to die.
4. A toiletry kit is a must. Travel sized is always a safe bet and make sure you have airline approved containers.
5. Your interchangeable clothing should consist of 3-4 bottoms (shorts, jeans, pants), 3-4 button down shirts, 3-4 undershirts or tank tops, as many socks and pairs of underwear that you can fit and maybe some workout clothing too.
To save you the most time when flying, it’s best to incorporate all the above into a carry-on tote. You save time waiting on your bags after your flight and that equates to smoother travel time all around.
You can absolutely travel light and efficient without sacrificing any of the necessities. Happy and Safe Travels!