Memorial Day is this weekend and the rivers and lakes will be packed with swimmers, boaters, paddle boards and kayaks. If you are like me, my dogs love the water and I take them with me almost every time I hit the water. Little do most people know, dogs should wear life vests too!
- Our Picks
- Outward Hound Kyjen 22021 Ripstop Dog Life Jacket Quick Release Easy-Fit Adjustable Dog Life Preserver, Large, Orange.
- Vivaglory Dog Life Jacket Dog Lifesaver Vest Pet Reflective Life Preserver
- OneTigris Camo Dog Life Jacket Vest Dog Harness (Camo, Large)
- Paws Aboard Red Neoprene Life Jacket, Dog or Cat Life Preserver
- In Conclusion
1. Make sure you buy the right size for your dog. You want it to fit the same as you would fit your child. Make sure it is snug but not restrictive.
2. Bright colors are always best. If your dog happens to get separated from you in the water, you will want a quick way to spot them! Bright orange or red are always number 1 picks.
3. Make sure your dog’s head is elevated out of the water and they aren’t struggling to keep afloat. The purpose of the life vest to is keep them afloat when swimming so that they don’t get tired too quickly.
4. For chest measure the widest part across your dog rib cage to best measure for size.
Outward Hound Kyjen 22021 Ripstop Dog Life Jacket Quick Release Easy-Fit Adjustable Dog Life Preserver, Large, Orange.
This vest has convenient top grab handles for easy rescue by hand or boat hook. It has the typical Front float that assists in keeping your dog’s head above water. It will fit a Large dog 55-85lbs but also comes in other sizes as well.
Vivaglory Dog Life Jacket Dog Lifesaver Vest Pet Reflective Life Preserver
Ideal to keep dogs safe around and in the water, the front float assists in keeping dog’s head above water. It is made to be a durable and quality life jacket. It’s made with adjustable straps and a neoprene belly band for a comfortable and secure fit. This vest is available in 5 sizes and 5 colors. There is a convenient top grab handle for easy rescue by hand or boat hook, along with reflective trim for visibility.
Please choose the suitable size life jacket according to the size chart. L: Neck 18.1″-22.1″,Chest 19.7″-24.8″,back 13.8″
OneTigris Camo Dog Life Jacket Vest Dog Harness (Camo, Large)
Camo just isn’t for us humans anymore, now our dogs can wear it too! If you have a hunting dog, well this is just perfect. But any dog would be proud to wear this safety vest. It is designed to provide swimming endurance for your pet and provide security while in the water. Mesh holes provide superior ventilation. It also has reflective stripes for high visibility, which is great because it isn’t bright colored like most safety vests. It has (3) three adjustable body belts and quick release buckles for a secure fit. The D-ring leash attachment provides a convenient way to guide your pet and of course it has a handler’s strap for easy recovery from the water.
Paws Aboard Red Neoprene Life Jacket, Dog or Cat Life Preserver
This life vest comes in 6 sizes for fit almost any sized dog! It has reflective strips for maximum visibility in and out of the water. It’s bright colors and unique design will give you maximum visibility of your pet at all times. The easy grip handle on top is perfect for quick and easy grabbing/rescue. The nylon straps are adjustable & it has quick-release buckles. It also has Heavy-duty yet more comfortable Velcro® fastening system around the belly and neck to keep securely fastened.
We all love our pets and our dogs are the ultimate companions in (and out) the water. Let’s keep them safe! Have a Safe & Happy Memorial Day!